Tuesday, March 20th (First Day of Spring!)
Golf course open, Carts on paths only
Outdoor practice facilities closed
Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him
Cedarbrook Country Club is several generations removed from Stenton Country Club which was founded in 1909 and located near Stenton Avenue and Washington Lane in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia. In 1919 a farm was purchased known as the Cedarbrook Farm bordered by Cheltenham Avenue, Easton Road, and Limekiln Pike and turned into a golf course by famed architect A.W. Tillinghast and later redesigned by renowned architect Donald Ross.
With those design principles in mind a new, larger tract of land was sought for a permanent home. In 1961, 210 contiguous acres of rolling open space and woodlands was purchased in Blue Bell, characterized by the Wissahickon Creek running through its middle. This was the ideal location for an unusually beautiful golf course. Renowned Massachusetts golf course architect, William F. Mitchell was hired to design the course using the principles of Tillinghast and Ross, which we know today as Cedarbrook Country Club in Blue Bell, Pennsylvania.
Over the years, Cedarbrook Country Club has hosted distinguished competitions such as the Golf Association of Philadelphia's Amateur Championship and Patterson Cup, USGA Amateur and Senior Amateur Qualifiers, and numerous events held by the Philadelphia Section of the PGA of America.
Today's Cedarbrook Country Club is a family oriented facility with a championship golf course measuring over 7000 yards featuring 9 possible tee combinations including two "PGA Family Courses". There are thirteen bridges spanning the Wissahickon Creek, lakes, ponds, two large practice areas, expansive greens and bunkers, and abundant wildlife. The golf program is led by PGA Head Golf Professional, Brad Nelson and his team of qualified and experienced PGA Assistant Professionals.